Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Never Fear; I'm Still Here

Sunny came by yesterday afternoon and kissed River, giving her a radiant glow. It helped make up for River's lack of sparkling current this time of year. Her bony shoulders are exposed, too, and her underbelly is growing fuzz in her low-water season.

Greedy birds of prey dive-bomb her shallow pools, feasting on stranded fish. River is glad, however, that no rock-crushers have shown up to grind away at her shores this fall. There is a limit to the indignities she can endure while she is laid off from work.

I grew melancholy looking at photos of Hoo, so that project has been shelved for now. I am getting in firewood and doing all necessary preparations folks must make for winter in this part of the country.

Living a stone's throw away from the Canadian border makes one wary of the approaching change of weather.

I'm glad I don't also have to contend with hoards of Canadians illegally crossing into North Idaho in search of work. God save the Queen.

Sunny was in a hurry to leave, as her hours have been cut, too. Before she left, though, she kissed Bric on the forehead. He was unaware of his beauty, but I saw it, and share it with you here.

Don't forget about me, give up on me, or quit praying for me, and I'll do the same for you. Let's carry on, then, shall we?

8 comments:

  1. G'eve ~
    Beautiful write, Donna. We are here for you ...
    Have a beautiful eve ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a poetic dance ... personifying nature like that. A beautiful post Donna -- and we're still here, waiting for you when you are ready.

    I have missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome dog! Have been missing your posts as of late and hope that you are doing okay. Here's a cyber hug from a complete stranger,

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear from you Donna. You are never forgotten and we are always here. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're still here! And thank you for posting on my blog. Perhaps one day I'll be able to find the words to write there again....... sigh.
    Thank you for this beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're still about, and that Bric continues to provide such excellent company. I look for you everyday, so at least once a day you are held in thought, heart and prayer. Sending a hug, just 'cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping in... I am looking forward to pouring over your words again... they're just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful write up and the photo is just stunning. Sorry we don't visit as often as we should but life is constantly throwing detours my way. If Bric is anything like Erin just his nearness provides a silent balm to your soul. Sometime I catch Erin just staring at me and it's like she understands more then I do why life is the way it is and that she's there for me. Take Care, Mom and Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for enabling my writing habit. I live for feedback.