Thursday, October 20, 2011

Only God Can Make A Tree

 Trees
(For Mrs. Henry Mills Alden)

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
~ Joyce Kilmer

3 comments:

  1. Great photographs! And the Kilmer poem is perfect for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! As you move into the Autumn season we are in Spring, and the trees are blossoming. I love the cycles of trees, and the recording of a tree's history in its growth rings is fascinating to me. I loved the photo showing this. Did you take it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for enabling my writing habit. I live for feedback.