Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dogs Bring Joy to the World



She never sat down in a car but stood, braced tense, facing the wind. Now and again, she would turn her face toward me with an apologetic expression, as though to say: "I have not forgotten that you are here but there are certain pleasures I cannot share with you." Her nose never ceased its sensitive quivering. 
 ---- Mazo de la Roche

Our house was always filled with dogs... They made our house a kennel, it is true, but the constant patter of their filthy paws and the dreadful results of their brainless activities have warmed me throughout the years.
---- Helen Hayes

You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will turn his head and give you this look that says, "My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!"

---- Dave Barry

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful quotes Donna. :c) I miss having a dog, but Sam's issues have not be conducive to us having one at this time in our lives. I always had dogs growing up, and always loved them dearly. I know yours are such a wonderful comfort to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes--things go better with dogs.
    I love that Dave Barry quote.
    It reminds me of something our daughter said when she was in grade school (some years ago). She said she would come home from school and tell our dog Wanda all about the day. And, our daughter then said, Wanda just listened. She didn't criticize.
    Out of the mouths of babes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best friend Gunny walks on 4 legs!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote from Dave Barry. In fact, I made a greeting card using it! I adore dogs, and can't imagine my life without them. I know that yours bring you joy, and I hope they are extending a little extra love toward you this season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for enabling my writing habit. I live for feedback.